Sunday 17 June 2007

The way of the turtle


No trading this weekend, appart from a quick go with £2 stakes (came out 10p up, wow!). My wedding is in less than a week, on 23rd June. We've still got a fair bit to sort out, so not sure if I'll get much chance to post or trade this week. Please feel free to drop me a comment about yourself or any trading thoughts you have.
One thing though, I'm about two thirds of the way through the Trading Wizards book and I remember reading about a group of traders that went under the name of the Turtle group. Basically, two top traders had a bit of a wager about whether trading success is a natural ability or can be taught. They put an advert in the paper and interviewed a number of people, selecting ones that they thought would fit in best with their trading style and system. This group were then taught and mentored and given a chunk of cash to trade with. The group as a whole got amazing returns. All of them signed confidentiality agreements and never spoke about the system, until now. I just found a book called "The Way of the Turtle", written by one of the original group, spilling the beans on what they were taught. I've only skimmed it so far but it looks good. I'll post up a review when I've read it and any pointers I find as I go along.

No comments: