Thursday 7 June 2007

Betfair Direct

I don't know about you but my first experience with actually putting down real money on Betfair was via BetAngel Basic. This free to use piece of software offers a way to perform one click trades, rather than messing around typing in amounts and odds etc. My problem with it is was that you are limited to accepting the currently offered odds, so can't ask for a nicer price.


My initial thought is that I don't want to pay out for software until I have my trading strategy down and working and returning more than the cost of using the software. Well, I got lucky there. Betfair themselves have released (in beta) their own downloadable piece of software called Betfair Direct. Currently it is free, but they do mention in the small print that they reserve the right to charge for it later on, if they want to. I have been using it since I found it a few days ago. Ok, so its not amazing, i.e. it doesn't have a ladder interface, it doesnt do graphs, etc, but it does let you put trades in pretty fast, you can ask for odds and it is easier for trading than the web interface.


You can get Betfair direct from http://labs.betfair.com/labs.aspx

No comments: